Jun 4, 2009



I've sat in the Johnson Center for more hours in the past two weeks than I had in my entire four year career at Mason. It's such a different place when there's no one in the food court and all the food places are closed. And no, I wasn't describing a normal Saturday. The summer time makes the place different. It's so calm.

I've applied for four jobs in the past 3 days, which is more than I applied for in the entire second semester of my senior year. It's weird because I know what I want to do but I know that I can't wait much longer to get a yes or a no from the Mouse. I'm just really uneasy right now because so many of my friends have gotten things in order. Lauren's in Richmond, Steph's in DC, and Nora's heading to NYC in a week. And I'm sitting in the JC. Freezing because Mason doesn't know how to regulate air temp in this building. When I say I'm freezing, I mean I wish I was in an igloo - it'd be warmer.

I'm also really nervous about moving away. I want to get away - I mean, I need an adventure. But I'm not sure how big I want it to be. I've applied for jobs in Florida, Arizona, and Maryland. And I debated about applying for one in Texas for about an hour but talked myself out of that one. I'm just not sure where to go from here. Or how to get there. And I want at least one of the companies I've applied to to just give me a simple "no" so I can cross them off the list and not sit here (in the JC), and wait for their answer. Or non-answer.

This $45 Mason zip up hoodie was a nice investment.

No comments: