May 12, 2009

On Graduation

It has come. Well - almost.
I mean, it's close enough that I can taste it.
College graduation.
The pomp.
The circumstance.
The caps.
The gowns.

And I'm so sad and nervous and scared and happy and all of these emotions that I don't even know how to word properly.

I'm not good at goodbyes.
I suck at them. I hate them.
And what I hate the most is that I know that some of these goodbyes really are goodbyes.
Some of these people that I've shared four years with won't be part of my life anymore.
From Cat, Laurel, and Howard in the costume shop to the Sandra's in the J.C. and Danielle in SUB I, Ms. DD in Ikes.
Saying goodbye sucks, especially when you know that it really might be for real.

And my friends, who I've spent what seems like every waking moment with during our four year adventure, we're all going our seperate ways which is really upsetting because I want to be able to call someone and see if they want to go to Chic-Fil-A for the twenty-seventh time this week. All of the memories we've shared, it's going to be hard to get a new group of friends who are as zanny, comical, level-headed, honest, rude, and great as these people have been. I know how they've changed me and I hope that I've been able to help them grow somewhat too.


I also really wish my dad could be here.

No comments: