Apr 2, 2009

What I'm Listening To

This week's list is brought to you by the GMU Drag Show Pre-Show Mix (GMU DRAG SHOW - FRIDAY APRIL 3RD):

1. "U.R.A.Q.T." - M.I.A.
"Paper Planes" is a great song - don't get me wrong. But M.I.A. has some other fantastic songs. There's something about a funky beat and words you may or may not be able to understand that makes a song better.

2. "God Is A D.J." - Pink
Dear Pink - could you stop being so angsty? I understand you and your husband got a divorce and that's sad - but your newer songs have depressed me and thus, I have not purchased your album. Can you go back to the "Try This!" era - you know, when you had more fun than angst.

3. "That's Not My Name" - Ting Tings
I'm basically almost as trendy as Austin is, even though he knew about the Ting Tings like 8 years ago.

4. "Toxic" - Britney Spears
Does this need an explanation?

5. "Ray of Light" - Madonna
Again, does this need an explanation?

No comments: